View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 03:25 AM   #3
bgeier
Senior Yorkie Talker

I went through almost the same thing..but never any blood in stool. THAT is scary! It was the vaccinations that made my Deucy sick. The breeder had already vaccinated him once for (? one thing) and the Vet that checked Deucy out vaccinated him AGAIN...this all less than 5 days apart. I WAS SO SCARED!! Deucy almost died. I had to rush him back in and he got yet ANOTHER shot to counteract the second shot. He only weighed 2# then. He would scream if I even tried to touch him. JUST AWFUL! I changed vets then and there and am still VERY LEARY of veterinarians these days..Don't trust them at all. I will pray for your little guy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccs View Post
Hello everyone....

We`ve had a pretty hecktick week......Our Toby (almost 5 months) got sick last monday....He was alright until about late afternoon when he was taking a nap, he threw up in his bed....From that moment on he hasn`t been himself.....
Inmediately i called the vet and we rush him in.....he had a fever and the vet took some x-rays and it looks he has some gases...Vet said it could be a virus so he kept him for a few days....
We visit him everyday, he had an iv with serum cause he wasn`t eating.....My wife and I were devasted just looking at him.......but it looks like everything went smooth cause we got him yesterday......
He was a totally different pup......playing, bitting and eveything they do at that age.....
He ate last night canned A/D from hill`s....he poop ok......
Today we mixed it with his regular dry food (science diet small bytes)
He ate it all.......When he poo it was kinda soft with blood.....
He also been scratching his behind...like sitting on his behind and crawling...
Also noticed he is drinking a lot of water.....
Well back to the vet with the poo sample.........He`s gonna make the poo test and called me later.....
We only had for a week.....Since day one I noticed he has a like a stuff nose.....
We`ve read thru the forum and it could be reverse sneeze, collapse trachea or even kennel cough....
So we went and search in youtube for the 3 to hear which one match......
They all sound alike...... ....any inputs on this?
He is sleeping alot too.....
Vet says that all this could be from the stress of bringing to the new house and checked that the same we got him he had his vacs....And that could be a major factor.....

Just cannot believe that a little adorable pup like him has gone so deep in our hearts so fast.....he had the vet and his staff running all over the place....
The good thing is that our vet has a female yorkie.....1 and a half years old....
He even took our Toby to his place to keep an eye on him for all those days...

Sorry for the long post.....it is a summary for the past week.....

Again any suggestions/tips are welcome...

Thank you,

Toby, Nell & Tommy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!