Thread: For discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #11
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

When you aquire your show stock in the beginning...you are investing in your breed. You continue from that day forward to invest, over and over: Maintinence, and I'm using that as a broad spectrum word that involves so many different things from a to z, and I think that the majority of us that are going to really understand this thread know what that all involves without having to keep repeating. High volume and mills do not have those investments. (Expenses)
So if and when your end result comes after all your hard work..."profit" can mean a different thing to two different people. But it doesn't mean it isn't there [at times]

I have been in my breed for over 12 years now. I've not done everything perfectly in the past, and I can admit it. I have a totally different way of thinking than I did 6 years ago. I will be the first to admit that I finally understood and agree that breeding for profit only is wrong!
I was once the girl who simply admired that yorkie in the calender and had to have one. Then I made mistakes. Oh yesss. I'm also not ashamed of them! I learned from them and thank God I did. Over time my way of thinking changed drastically. My love for the breed most of all. If you ask me point blank, I will be the first to tell you what I think about "back yard" breeding for money, breeding because "its nice to have puppies" ect ect ect, (we've heard them all) isn't something I agree with.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!