Thread: For discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 03:52 PM   #5
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkiekist View Post
I dont really think that all breeders contribute to the plight of euthanization. Because if John Q Public is looking for a certain breed of dog they are not going to look in the shelter to find one, they will buy from a breeder. The breeder demands spay/neuter and take the dog back if it doesnt work out. The first two puppies are placed/sold to loving homes and the contract is followed to a T. But the third puppy placed/sold is sold to JOhn Q Public#3. John Q Public#3 starts to feel a little greedy, or needs to "make the money back" for his purchase, or feels that every female "needs to experience" motherhood, or "the children need to experience" the joys of birthing, or for some other selfish/stupid reason, the dog will be bred, be it AKC, Apri, Acr,etc. Then John Q Public#3 makes a tidy sum of $$ and thinks,"that was easy"!! So, then he/she breeds again, and again and again. No contract, no health guarantee, etc. I think this is where the "breeders" contribute to the problem. And the cycle begins. The people who bought from JohnQ public #3 also start their little "breeding" program. The cycle continues.

This is really frustrating isnt it!!!
Yes, it is.
I'm feeling rather "verklempt" myself... Discuss/verklempt (that's a joke, some may get some may not and it IS Saturday )

Both you and MyfairLacy have good points.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!