View Single Post
Old 08-17-2005, 04:11 AM   #1
vms1177
Donating YT Addict

Unhappy Feeling frustrated: No resolution, yet!!

Hi all I am feeling a bit frustrated with Jack's Diarrhea. Still no resolution. I dont want to explain the whole story again some of you might recall his situation.

Ok here it goes. Jack (15weeks old) about 4 weeks ago ate the foam from his bedding ( The cover did not cover the bottom of the bed completly). He started having diarrhea. I took him to the vet and brought a stool sample along. They found nothing when they did the fecal float. They gave him amoxicillian and I think its called meclizide (its a binder). Well he did great on it the stool was fine. I would like to add that he has not vomited or been listless or stopped drinking and eating he is normal in every way other then the diarrhea.

As soon as I stopped the meds it started again. So the vet put him back on it again. It helped the dirrhea once again.

Same thing happened this time so he mentioned trying a lamb and rice dog food. so I am now. He is on California Natural.

My question is how long does it take for the pups to adjust to the new food before you see it gets better?? What else besides the boiled chicken and rice could I give him that will help but not mask problems??? Should I have blood work done on him?? Or should I have them do another fecal float?? I am just frustrated I want him to get better. There are many details I left out but if anyone can relate to this let me know also. I posted a few times about Jack so I didnt want to repeat myself. Thanks

Jack and Mandy's Mom
vms1177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!