Thread: For discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Here's what I think about it...

Anyone that breeds contributes to the pet population...that is a fact...if dogs are born, they contribute to the pet population. Anytime someone buys from a breeder instead of adopting from a shelter, another dog will be euthanized. Therefore, ALL breeders do contribute to the millions of dogs being euthanized each year. Does that mean that I think EVERYONE should stop breeding? No! However, I believe a breeder better have a very good reason for doing so. They better be breeding wonderful examples of the breed in conformation, temperment, and health or be breeding dogs to suit a specific purpose such as with working dogs.

So far as breeding for profit: I do not think that profit is a good reason for breeding. Dogs should never be used as a business. However, if a breeder is breeding for the right reasons and doing things the right way and are still able to make a profit, that's fine. I just don't think profit should be a top goal when choosing to breed dogs.

I really don't see an issue with termonology such as "placed" or "sold". I think this author is pretty paranoid about animal rights groups...PETA is never going to convince the government and millions of Americans that it is wrong to own pets. Most people that support PETA don't even realize that's PETA's goal in mind...people are never NOT going to own pets.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!