View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
HallTx1203
Donating YT Addict

Default Ben & Barney Save The Day

I am writing this as I sit in my hubby's hospital room. On April 1, DH and I went to bed early since he was having bad headaches. I crated the boys in their crate (in our bedroom) and went to sleep. DH couldn't sleep so he got up and went into the office so he wouldn't wake me.....About 12:50am, Ben and Barney went nuts....They were barking, growling, crying.....They woke me up.....I got up to see what they were so upset about - I saw DH face down on the floor in our hallway....He had passed out....I rolled him over and he started to come to....Checked his Blood Pressure...70/50...I told him I was calling the ambulance....He argued....So I got his office chair and somehow got him in it.....Then I threw on clothes....And rolled his chair to the front door....Somehow got him in the truck and off to Providence Hospital....The ER triage checked his BP and it was 70/42...They rushed him in and started working on him.....Once they got him stable, they talked to me....I told them what all happened....They started blood transfusions...And shipped us up to ICU....They gave him more blood....And did some procedures and discovered he has bleeding ulcers....I thought that maybe it was the stress from daughter losing the three babies...But they said it was not stress related...That it was due to the fact that he had been taking BC powders like candy....After, a couple days in ICU, we are now in a regular room....Not sure when we get to go home....But he is stable....

But the ER Dr's and the ICU all say if it had not been for the boys.....He would not be here.....I have never been so proud of my boys....Even hubby says he is greatful for them...

Joyce
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!