View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hi Veggie. I posted this on the other forum and I'm not sure if you saw it or not. I see you mentioned being on a strict budget. Have you considered rescue? The good thing about rescue is that the adoption fee is usually no more then $400 and it includes the spay or neuter as well as shots and the pups vetting prior to you getting him or her. Believe it or not there are full Yorkie pups that enter rescue. If you are patient you will find one. Also, if you are open to a Yorkie mix, they call them designer dogs but I prefer to call them mixed up pups. LOL. Many are 1/2 Yorkie and 1/2 Maltes which they refer to as Morkies. Another maybe 1/2 poodle and 1/2 Yorkie which they will refer to as a Yorkie Poo. You will find quite a few pups and if you are open to even a young adult you will find even more both pure and mixed. The good thing about a young adult is that you will know what he or she will look like already and you will know how big they will be as most stop growing around 10 months or so and lastly some are potty trained already which is a real bonus since Yorkies tend to be stubborn with potty training and could take a year or more to train. anyway check out www.petinder.com and also inquire with your local Yorkie rescues. Best of luck. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!