View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 07:25 PM   #10
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Hey there Veggie. Welcome to YT. I commend you for looking for a crulty free breeder. I'm sure you already know this but you want to avoid internet sales. It's easy for a puppymill or byb to hide behind email etc. Also, don't be afraid to google your breeder and where they are from and see if anything pulls up. If you search puppymils I've posted a list of those investigated and it's state by state. There are many more then what was listed but atleast that will give you the heads up about some. Also, as you know I'm sure please stay away from pet stores. Their dogs are bought from puppymills. Even if the pup appears healthy it can later have genetic problems but more then that the parents of these puppies suffer beyond what you can imagine. And, you want to avoid breeders that breed more then one breed. If you see them breeding many breeds that is a big warning to stay away. I'm not sure what else I can offer except welcome and if I can help in anyway, please let me know. Oh and you can also try www.petfinder.com. You'd be surprised that rescues do get full Yorkie pups and if you are open the the "Designer dog" or as I prefer to call them mixed up pups you will find many up for adoption. Good Luck. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!