View Single Post
Old 04-04-2008, 10:05 AM   #3
sAnDyiSm
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie May View Post
Yes, you can definately provide better food than prescription diets.
If you want to do it long-term, I recommend talking to a nutritionist.
If you do it for more than a couple weeks, you will need to supplement.
I can't really help you with the recipe because Ellie's is 24% protein.
Also, kidney diets have low phosphorus.
When you start getting into all of that, it is best to talk to a nutritionist.
If it was me (and this is just my opinion), I would feed a prescription diet (not necessarily K/D) until you retest. If it retests normal, then they will probably tell you to go back to his regular food. If it retests abnormal and this will be a long-term thing, then I would consult the nutritionist. I wouldn't want to see you spend $100-$200 and find out you didn't need the recipe in a couple of weeks.
yeah it's only supposed to be for like 2-3 weeks.. not a permanent thing.. and i'm sure it's just want you said dehydration or.. a high protein meal previously..

i think it's mostly because my mom avoids giving him a lot of water so he won't pee everywhere.. i always have to sneak him water.. sigh.. it's okay.. this weekend he'l be with me.. and he'll be able to drink water regularly.. and eat well too..

i mean when we usually feed him.. it's white rice.. mixed with his dry dog food.. or it's just his dry food and water.. and he loves it.. so i don't understand where the high protein came from.. could it be his treats? they're all meat. like pig ears.. or cow skin chews.. or hunks of beef and liver (yeah they actually have treats that are dried beef and beef liver)
sAnDyiSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!