View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 01:46 PM   #44
PrincessDiana
I ♥ Franklin & Maggie
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
Just wanted to say that the absolutely best place to look would be on the YT nursery section or For Sale section. YT's are the most honest people to buy from and the cutest go so fast that's why the nursery would be a good place.

If you see the mom and dad you can tell how the puppy will sort of look like when it's grown. Be warned, some of the breeders are very picky(as well as they should be) with who gets their babies. That will tell you it IS a good breeder.

It's amazing how many different colors, different ear shapes, different heights yorkies come in.
I must disagree with this statement. While most YTers are honest and reputable, you must remember that YT is a public forum and ANYBODY can get an account. It's just as easy to advertise here as it is the newspaper. In fact, it's even EASIER HERE because it's free. I feel like so many people blindly trust people on YT, simply because they're nice, or well known, without even doing any research about them! Like MyFairLacy said, the best place to start is the YTCA. No where else.

All I'm saying is that when it comes to purchasing a puppy, do your research and MAKE SURE they're a reputable breeder - don't simply assume they are because they're advertised on YT or even YTCA.

I digress.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!