View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 06:10 PM   #12
yorkieusa
Crazy about Kacee!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme's Mommy
Well, I have been emailing this woman back and forth now for a while. As you guys know, I am the queen of 100 questions. Well, this lady had a great answer for ALL of them. I was very impressed with her and thought I had finally found an EXCELLENT breeder. She had both the mom and dad, she only had two puppies available. The pups are 12 weeks old...

Well, we get to her house and she greets us at the door with the puppy in her hands. Now, the dog was ADORABLE, but her face was COMPLETELY black. She looked kind of like the pictures I have seen of maltese/yorkie mixes. So, I just think to myself wow, it's amazing how different yorkie puppies can look....

At this point I am expecting her other yorkies to run to the door or something...

Well, she takes us to her living room, where she puts up a baby gate so that Esme can meet her puppy (yes, I brought Esme along). So, I ask her if she can bring out the parents (you know the ones she told me that she owns) and her reply is that the male is being used at a stud at her friends house and the female is with her brother, so I can't see them. I ask her for pictures and she said she doesn't have those either...

Esme is playing with the puppy (who is TEENY TINY) The woman then offers to show me her boy who is a little bigger., When she opens her garage door I hear some more barking... When my husband asked if she had other dogs she then proceded to tell us that she also bred maltese and bull terriers...

So, her boy, also doesn't really look like a yorkie puppy, but okay...

I then ask the woman if the puppy is AKC registered.. she says no. I say CKC then? (She had already told me that the puppy had papers). Once again she says no. She then tells us that the puppy has papers FROM ARGENTINA.

Okay, so way too many red flags for me. I said thank you so much for your time, your puppies are adorable and left.

Geez, how hard is it to find a great breeder??? The more I thought about it as we were driving home, the more it was clear that this woman brought those dogs from a puppymill in South America...

Anyhow, Laz and I decided that we are going to WAIT on getting Esme a sibling. I am completing my masters this December. We are going to New York in November and everything is just really hectic right now. Not to mention that being newleyweds, we aren't exactly rich and yorkies are expensive.
Also, when I picked up that puppy and held it, Esme was jumping up and down (like when she wants me to pick her up) and I just felt sooooo much love towards her. I would hate for her to think I didn't love her anymore because I got another one... (I know, I'm insane!)

Thanks for listening to me guys! I love yorkietalk!
The red highlights...Muffin was 100% my baby. It would have broken her heart, too. That is how close we were. I'm insane, too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!