View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

My Max had pancreatitis a little over a year ago when he was just about 2. He was a little overweight (like 1-2 lbs) and nobody could be sure if he'd gotten into something out in the yard where we were living or if it was just a dietary thing.
I know most people detest Hill's foods, but my vet put him on Hill's W/D ....she said it didn't matter whether I fed him the dry or the canned but to only give him a specific amount each day (and if I wanted, I can mix it; which I give him the canned in the morning and evening and "snacks" as dry food in between meals)....he hasn't had one single problem since i started him on that (He also spent the weekend in the vet hospital NPO and on IV's for the weekend when the pancreatitis started), other than when I tried to switch him over to something "healthier". He likes the food, he's at a better weight (or he WAS before I got the starving foster child) and his poops are better too...smaller, harder (so it helps to clean the anal sacs). I have to say, that I am really happy with this food. I wouldn't rave about it, but it sure is good for Max!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!