View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #15
laurenr
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WV~Yorkies View Post
Jinny is refusing to eat again. Only thing I can do is force feed her with a Syringe and when I do she keeps it down good. I have been doing some liver broth.

My question what is the best liquid food I can get to give her the most calories. I thought about puppy forumla but don't know.

She is already on Pet-tinic for iron.

I am going to call the vet and stop buy Pet supply plus to see what I can find.

I was hoping you all can give me some ideas

Thanks

Hugs,
Melissa
I have been having some problems with my Mango (long story). I was given this recipe today by a member; her name is "Sweetums". Here is a copy of what she wrote; I think it might help you:

"She refused to eat, but we used a formula that was recommended by a breeder and put it in a syringe to feed her. She kept it down just fine. The syringe only gave her maybe a couple spoonfuls at a time and she'd get about one-and-a-half down each time.

Here's the formula:

1 cup milk (we generally use 1% regular, or use goat's milk which is more digestible and available at the health food store)
1 cup instant baby rice cereal flakes
1 jar strained baby meat (no turkey)
1 tsp karo syrup

Warm up the milk and mix in the cereal until thick. Stir in the strained baby meat and karo. If the mixture is too thick, add a little more milk or water. Refrigerate left-overs and warm up to serve the next time.

Our little girl liked this formula so much we did not have to force her, and eventually, we just put a few spoonfuls on a saucer and she licked it right up."

I hope this helps,
Lauren
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!