View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Nimue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile Petsmart Training

My little girl and I just finished puppy classes at Petsmart and they were a lot of fun! I have no complaints at all. The weekly classes took place in a "classroom" off the main store. It was a little noisy at times, but not enough to detract from the experience. We were given a binder and new pages were added each week; they outlined the activities and commands learned as well as some additional training hints. The first few minutes of each class were dedicated to off-leash play in the classroom for all the puppies, which was great to watch. Often, we'd go over commands and techniques in the classroom section then spread out through the store to try them out -- my little girl loved the opportunity to romp around giving kisses to everyone she met!

Though it was a group setting, there was always time for individual attention. Everyone's questions and concerns were always addressed. The trainer was fantastic; she had a lot of experience and always had positive, encouraging words for everyone, especially when the little ones weren't catching on as quickly as the "pet parents" had hoped. The approach to training is a positive one that focuses on communication with the puppies rather than "dominance over puppy" as I've seen in other obedience courses. At the end, our puppies received certificates and endured photos with graduation caps on their heads. Oh, we also received coupons for $8 off grooming and various other discounts on food and treats along the way.

Overall, it was a great experience. My little girl had a lot of fun, and so did I.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!