View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
maxlover
Senior Yorkie Talker

We brought Abby home in December - the breeder had used potty pads so we continued with those as the weather was so cold and coyotes have been so bad here. (our five year old Max was killed by one) She slept with us the first night and has ever since. She licks my nose when she has to potty, so I would just put her on the floor by the bed on her potty pad then she came back to bed with us. She would go several times at night but now that she is 5 months she usually only gets up once and uses her doggy stairs which we have by the bed and also a set in the living room so she can come up on the couch with us. We were very lucky as our breeder worked all day and kept the puppies inside all the time so she was used to being in an enclosed area during the day. After she gets up in the morning she eats dry dog food and follows me around while I get ready for work, then I put her puppy pad, food and water and toys and puppy bed in the bathroom and that is where she stays while we are at work. She doesn't whine when I leave, as that is all she has known. As soon as I get home from work I let her out of the bathroom, play with her, then we go for a long walk. After that she eats her food then spends the evening with us on the couch. She does so much better when she has been exercised and has been easier to train. Good luck with your new puppy! They are so much fun and give so much love!

Jackie
maxlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!