View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 04:51 PM   #11
MoGraceLiz
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I can generally tell when someone isn't really all that interested and will say something like "Why don't you go home and think about it, because this is a major decision". It's only happened a couple of times.

I did have a person that came with her father and loved little Abby but told me they wanted to go home and talk with the brother so he could feel part of the decision. I did have someone that was waiting for a phone call if they didn't take the puppy but I didn't tell them because I didn't want them to think I was pressuring them with a sales pitch. I waited until 2:00pm and heard nothing from the girl so I finally called the gentleman and he came down that evening and took Abby. Well, the girl emailed me three days later telling me that they really wanted her and could they come back to see her. I had to tell them she was no longer available.

So you see it works both ways. If I, as a breeder, am honest about people waiting in line, it seems like a sales pitch but in reality it isn't. I'm sure there are breeders that would but I would rather keep all my puppies than push them on someone that's looking.

www.simplyyorkies.com
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!