View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 PM   #12
Bizzymammabee
Luvs Lulu
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvnvgirl View Post
VERY interesting. I actually noticed when he was first here that he did that "skipping" much more prominently than Max has ever done....and I told one of the people who thought it might be her dog about it b/c I'm sure it's not something that's brand new since the dog went missing....that's a really helpful piece of info....(like I can probably expect BIG vet bills, LOL..not funny, but doesn't it just figure? You save a dog, nurse him back to health and then he's got something REALLY expensive to fix?....oh well....that's life!). He hasn't been doing that "skipping" thing for several days, but maybe it IS just his legs being tired or sore or something??? Usually right after he does this, he lies down but his legs are so differently placed that when Max lies down...It's sort of if you were looking at him from the back end, his legs and body would be in a sort of "W" configuration. That probably makes no sense at all, but that's what it looks like to me.

And also....maybe that's why nobody's looking for him
Probably a good chance that is what is going on. Sometimes those knees lock up and it hurts them to bend them and then straighten them up. Have the vet check them to see if that is the case. In the meantime you can give some supplements to help him out. Might definitely be why his owners are not looking for him. Sad that this breed suffers so much with this disorder.

LP usually runs about $1500 or so a knee. But you know what you found him for a reason.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!