View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:33 PM   #1
pepe mint
YT 3000 Club Member

Angry It happened AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! what is the deal???????????

ok...so you remember my thread from yesterday about the dog that got loose while we were on our walk????

well.....

today, i was outside with my daughter. she was riding her bike. i hear this major commotion going on a few houses down..banging and such. didn't think too much about it. then I saw the dog from 2 houses down (pitt bull mix) come bolting out of the yard and into the street...towards where my daughter was riding her bike. I was on the phone with Deb (tiggerr36792) at the time. I tried to stay calm cuz I know dogs can sense nervousness or whatever...so I got off the phone and tried ringing the door bell to where the dog lives. thankfully, he was more concerned about me being at his house and he ignored my daughter. I made her ride her bike on down the street so he wasn't near her. no one answered the door!!!!! i rang the bell 3 times. The dog was barkign and growling..but he wouldn't come near me. I noticed him trying to get back into the fence. he had dug a huge hole under the gate and as we was trying to get under it, he broke a few slabs off of the gate. he was trying to get back in. when I noticed that, i walked over there...he took off running away...and I opened the gate for him. he ran inside the yard and I shut the gate behind me.

I waited for about 10 minutes then decided to try ringing the door bell again. there were 3 cars in the drive way so I thought that surely someone had to be home!!!!!

sure enough...the lady answers. I told her what happened and she started freaking out. she said she doesn't like dogs...that this is her husbands dog...and she has no idea how to handle the dog. she put a ladder down in front of the hole so he couldn't get through...and said that when her husband got home, she would have him fix it.

what worries me is that this dog is 2 doors down from us. he clearly knows now that he CAN get through the gate if he tries hard enough. he was obviously afraid...and somewhat aggressive...barking and growling at me. and a LOT stronger than I am...he is a very big dog. I don't worry about him getting into my yard because we have a very good fence around it and it would take him a long time to dig under it...but my daughter LOVES to ride her bike...and we take our dogs on walks all the time. what if this dog continues to get out???? dogs attack when they are scared. it happens!!!!

I am thankful that nothing happened today. I would have killed him if he hurt my daughter. but dogs like this...I just dont know....what do you do? how do you contain a dog that is SOOO determined to get out???? he literally dug his way out..and broke the fence to get through. amazing!!!! I warned a few of my neighbors that have children...just so they can be on the look out.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!