View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 PM   #1
emtmedgrl24
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Omg Spoiled YT, temper tantrums, potty woes

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this forum. Well, I have been a very bad Yorkie mommy. We have had our Yorkie since he was 12 weeks old. He's now about 8 months. The first night we tried the play pen, he whined and cried until we finally gave in and put him in bed with us. He's slept in bed with us ever since. He's actually pretty good about bedtime. He gets tired like we do and usually falls right to sleep.

Mousey's a sweetheart... but the problem is he thinks he's human and I can't get him to listen at all. I've been training him on pee pads, however he gets confused and he'll go on rugs, blankets, or anything on the floor now. I've never been able to get him to go poo poo on his pads. We have all hardwood, but we'd like to carpet our house, but we can't do that until we have him trained all the way. I've read alot about crate training on here, but we both work during the day so I keep him in the kitchen/sunroom area instead of keeping him confined in a small crate while i'm at work. Is our only option crate training him to learn to potty on his pads?

I've tried working with him on the floor to teach him sit, however he runs away from me all the time and I can't get him to concentrate or stay close to me for very long.

Also, something new... he's starting to throw temper tantrums. When we tell him no he barks and whines at us... and he scoots back as he's doing this. Also, he never listens and just barks or he looks at us for a second and then he continues to do whatever it is he's doing. I don't know if he just doesn't understand what no means or he just doesn't think he needs to listen

Any tips or pointers on any of these issues would be very helpful. This is our first puppy. We've treated him like a child since we don't have children, but he needs to be trained because I don't want him to be completely uncontrollable.

On a funny note... When I put t-shirts or clothes on him it calms him down and where ever he is... he'll just collapse and lay down. Does anyone elses YT do this?

Thanks in advance!
emtmedgrl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!