View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:56 PM   #10
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoypups View Post
Thanks for those tips. I really want to take him out for a walk, but he still needs another vaccination, so I'm afraid to do it yet. Also, (typical, I know), he chews on the leash and doesn't really know how to go for a walk--I tried this morning on our back patio. I have been trying to flip him on his back and he keeps trying to bite, turning his head side to side biting and seeming to get more and more agitated. One time he even started biting his own paws, which concerned me and I put him back down.
i can undersatnd that you would be concerned that he is biting his own paws but DO NOT let him off his back until he is calm (submissive) if you do you are telling him that he has won and he is alpha

you can spray bitter apple on his leash as well so he won't want to bite it. It takes them a while to get the hint of what a walk is another great idea (when is up to date on his shots) is puppy class. teaches him basic training, that you are in control, great socializing and makes them SO tired
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!