View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
lowviscosity
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes, from experience be sure he has puppy toys to chew on. I noticed baby toys worked for our dog also as long as they can't come apart into little bits.

We went up to Petsmart and bought some puppy toys (soft chew/teething toys) for Beckham when we first got him at 10 weeks. They just need something to chew on, if they don't get it from a toy they will find anything to chew on, even a $250 pair of glasses or a $150 pair of BCBG's that I bought my girlfriend one time.

Buy plenty of toys and like said above take him for good walks. The jumping won't stop until he gets up. Beckham used to try so hard sometime running into the couch, it was pretty cute. Just be sure he's not doing it on tile floor and he should be okay.

About whimpering in the cage. Identify a word like we use "night night" and each time you say that word put a treat in his cage. He'll soon get the idea that night night means going to the kennel and associate it with a good reward. Soon enough you'll say it and he'll be in there happy as long as its safe, cozey, and secure.

Your doing good and he will calm down some but these dogs are terriers and they will be hyper at times. Now Beckham enjoys playing fetch, drops on command, leaves it on command, sits, lays down, notifies me when he wants to go outside, and can find where our other Yorkie is or my girlfriend is by asking "where is (insert name)?".

Keep with training here and there.
Pretty soon you'l want another one to keep your Yorkie company. :-D

Last edited by lowviscosity; 03-31-2008 at 01:56 PM.
lowviscosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!