View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
KimluvsLexie
YT Addict

Take a deep breath and relax. This is all normal puppy behavior. Take him on some good, long walks as soon as he's utd on his shots. That will tire him out and get rid of some of that excess energy. On the biting I always yelp as if it hurts a lot and then very gently close my hand around his mouth and say no bite in a firm voice. It's going to take him a little more time to be comfortable in his surroundings and in his crate. It sounds like you're doing everything right so just keep it up. As for the peeing in his crate, make it a much smaller area by stuffing towels in the back so he can stand up, turn around, and lay down with no extra room. He won't want to potty where he sleeps so that should help. As for the barking, when you find the answer, let me know we haven't been able to conquer Tucker's incessant barking. At least Lexie is a quiet girl If he gets too hyper pick him up and lay him like a baby in your arms. I have found that this calms Tucker and he'll chill out for a few minutes. If he's really getting rowdy and doing something you don't like flip him over on his back and gently grasp his neck and look him in the eye until he looks away from you. This shows him that you are the alpha dog. I hope some of this information works for you and if I've messed anything up feel free to correct me YTers. I'm still new at this.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!