View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:44 PM   #2
marcerella02
Loved by Layla
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoypups View Post
So we came home with our new 12-week Yorkie two days ago. He is so adorable! He was such a good boy until later yesterday and today. I feel like I'm doing things wrong, but don't know what to do because this is my first puppy. It's probably all typical puppy behavior. He is biting me a lot (and just started this late yesterday) and not responding to a loud "no", yelping and ignoring, or even a water bottle. He'll stop for maybe one second. He also tries to jump on furniture that he will never reach and I'm terrified he'll hurt himself jumping and kind of falling as he misses his target. He whines, too, as he tries to jump. He's been pretty good in the crate at night, but when I put him in it any other times he barks, whines, and whimpers on and on. I just put him in for brief trips out and I tried while at home for practice. I try to put treats in the crate and make it cozy and fun for him. If I say "quiet" he stops to hear me talk, then continues barking. I thought I'd be able to bring him with me for some errands, but he's hyper on my lap in the car and was freaking out in the carrier (I tried putting in treats, putting it on the floor...he peed in it). The only way I can even sit down and use my computer now is because he's napping. Ugh, I've read books and gotten tips from friends, but this is just the tip of the iceberg--I must have done something to let him think he is "alpha". help?
lol... oh puppies!! Well first off... a nice long walk.... that will calm him down... he is biting and jumping because he has energy. so you need to get it out. When he is biting i hear that the noise Tsssss drive them nuts... do it loudly. if he still doens't listen... flip him on his back and look in his eyes and say... NO BARK. that will show him you are alpha.. same when he bites you... you might also think about putting Bitter apple on your fingers... get him to try and bite you and the taste will turn him off... but i really think the walks will take out his energy. on the alpha note.. make sure he sits for food... to go out the door... to get a treat... when you walk him.. he should not be pulling (well in time ) but should be beside you. Hang in there.. they grow out of that puppy stage way too fast!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!