View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #10
Brookef18
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Chewy hated being groomed... One thing I learned right away was never let them win! When I groomed him, the more he fought the more I brushed him... even if he was done! I wouldn't stop until he calmed down.

When he was really biting and being very bad, I would hold him on his side to show him I was the boss and wouldn't let him up until he calmed down. Or I would hold the back of his neck like a momma dog does and say no.. in a stearn voice.

It is very important that you stay calm, and not get upset. No matter how much your pup is fighting you stay calm. They know when you are upset and this makes it so much worse.

Chewy took a few months to teach grooming to. I groomed him every single day and it took some time too. but now he is brushed in 5 min because he is a very good baby that holds still, knows I wont hurt him, and there is trust. He lets me do anything to him now. And he just holds still... (I don't do his nails... That is the only thing I pay a groomer to do)

Don't take your pup out of the create when they bark or whine... even if you have two seconds where they stop that is when you take them out! Your pup will learn you are the boss... It will get better, hang in there.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!