View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
When I put mine in oil I mix two tablespoons of #1 All Systems Pure Lanolin and two tablespoons of #1 All Systems conditioner in a quart of warm water and after bathing I pour this over the dog, work it in good and them rinse with warm water. I then blow dry. I also use the #1 All Systems Conditioning Shampoo for bathing. When you put them in oil you have to bath them every 4 or 5 days. You would have to experiment with the about of oil to use. You might get by with just 1 tablespoon. I have not done any wrapping so you might need someone else to advise you on that. Some people just use oil and don't wrap.

I did notice that Rainbow still looks pretty dark. Could you post more pictures of her. It is possible that she is soft coated but I am not real experienced in exactly what a soft coated coat is.

I know many Yorkies that don't even start their show career until they are 2 or 3 years old so you still have plenty of time. You just have to get her leash trained and used to being stacked and having strangers go over her.
Thanks.. I appreciate the help. I at first thought she might be soft coated as well, but I have been told she is a silk . She does have a LOT of hair. But it is silky soft and easy to brush, doesn't tangle easily and as straight as a stick. I will be working with a lady in my town who shows silkies and another guy who shows skipperkees. We will be working at least once a week in our local park. I will try and get some more pictures of Rainbow soon, but it probably won't be until next week because I am getting ready for a teddy bear show up north that I have to leave for on Thursday. I still have one bear to finish........ and here I sit.. lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!