View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 AM   #96
MindieRose
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I think so many people think that "liver" "chocolate" or "blue" in a yorkie sounds great because they are so widely accepted in other breeds. For instance, those are all accepted (well not chocolate, but liver and blue), in shih tzus. In fact, I have a liver shih tzu. The fact is though, that blue born pups have a low chance of survival, and even if they are seemingly healthy, can most likely go on to have bad skin conditions. All puppies that are here deserve to live healthy lives, but why deliberately breed a dog knowing there is a high chance the puppies will have a serious health condition that is most likely going to be fatal? If there was a high chance that my husband and I would have a child that would die shortly after birth, I would have never gotten pregnant with my 6 children.
I think almost everyone would agree on this, whether they believe that only show dogs should breed, or that you should be able to breed any dog you want, most people would agree you shouldnt breed a dog that is going to have seriously unhealthy puppies.
I hope your puppies live long healthy lives. I hope they beat the odds, but I really really think that you should not breed dogs that create such a horrible condition in a puppy. That isnt fair to the puppies or future owners.
I am not trying to sound mean or rude, as I really dont like when people do that here, but I am also not the kind of person that likes to see an innocent dog suffer.
Proud Mommy of Gavin, Ethan, Morgan, Nia, Olivia, and Kiana and baby #7! Also Mommy to furkids: Cleo ,Lola, Lilly Appletini, and Diesel. and Sunny, Ethan's Golden therapy dog in training.
MindieRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!