View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:00 AM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Concerned About Sages' Heat Cycle, Please Help

I'm concerned about Sages' heat as U all know she is in (I think) a Split Heat Cycle (I would guess this would be considered still her 1st Heat Cycle even tho it is a Split Heat Cycle. Or would this be considered her 2nd Heat Cycle? I don't know how to consider this as far as counting Heat Cycles. Do any of U?)

I'm needing to know how long she should be spotting Bright Red Blood? I mean today is her 7th day Spotting this Bright Red Blood, to where she is loosing some (Drops) (She's not pouring) on the tile in our Yorkie Room. Remember there will be NO breeding any this year not until the Spring of 2009.

I had her crated but she loves being out and was doing so very good out alone 24/7 so I've allowed her to roam in the room, she won't keep undies on so I just mop more.

No signs this morning of slowing down to the mucus bloody type (Don't know how to explain this, sorry) like right before she stops spotting. Our Tiffanie only went 7 days & it was bright red at the start but by day 7 she went to the mucus type and then stopped totally the bleeding/mucus by day 7 on all of her heat cycles.

How much blood can Sage loose before I should seek the Vet? Should she be slowing down on her spotting now and almost stopping? How long can they bleed or should I say should they bleed while in their Heat Cycle? Tiffanie is our only other Yorkies that we had Heat Cycles with and Sage is new and I just want to know I'm doing right with her. I hope this all makes sense and U can understand what I'm trying to say. Ask any questions I'll answer them. Please any info. would be helpful. Thanks so very much in advance & Hugs, Lee
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!