View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
cdawnfine
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiz View Post
I am a floral designer and do some interior design. Some of my best friends are interior designers, too. In some really high end design stores.

Here is what I suggest to you first:

Take your time....very important. It is awful to live with decisions made in haste.

Go to Lowes (preferably), Home Depot or someplace like that. In the paint department you will find paint chips. Select some colors you like. Get three of each hue. Dark, medium, light.

Tape them in a composition book, one hue (three choices) to each page. Note why you like each one and how you think it would go with your existing furniture, window treatments, etc. Give yourself some time to analyze this information. I recommend that you choose some pretty neutral colors...colors that you can build 'your look' around once you ahve decided what you want 'your look' to be........
For example, you can pick a color from your couch or loveseat that doesn't really 'stand out' and that would bring that particular color more forward.

Once you have decided on your hues, it will be easier from there. Can you take pictures of what you have now?

You do know that if the colors in existence are very strong colors, you will have to paint over them with primer (like KILZ) so they won't show through your new colors? Unless the new colors are darker, of course, but it doesn't sound like you would want to go darker.

All the best in your new creative endeavor!!
This is great advise, one more thing you can do is get samples of the colors you decide that you like paint 12x12 squares on your walls, every wall you think you want to color on. Live with it for about a week, this way you get to see it in every light. Just cause it looks one way on the swatch does not mean it will look like that in your home.

Good Luck
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!