View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Saleswman
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Who has talents of decorating...ie...room colors

I need help.....
and I am in the WORST mood today......let me tell you why.....well.....almost why...partly is hormonal...lol...the other part is.....I need decorating advice....yes....dont laugh...

We bought this house last July. The interior was painted "southwestern" colors....

Kitchen---rust
Master- Cinnimmon
Dining room.....off white, neutral....
LR Same off white
Foyer same white...
BR 1 Green
Br2 Rust...same as kitchen
Hallway....off white

Well, hubby likes it....why??? He does not have to paint!

I hate it.....and it was going to be 3000 to hire a painter....

So, I have so much crap that I could probably make my stuff look OK in these colors .... but, I DONT LIKE IT!

I am a winter color person....a Sagitarrius...vibrant....fun..... but. have traditional furniture...because I AM OLD! So, I love elegant, toiles, velvet...etc....I like florals, even though I am the only girl....besides Paddy of course...

Ok....so I hired a "guy"from the paint store...a decorator if you will......he gave me a list.....of his choices...not working with my stuff.....and I lost the list....and really would like to use my current furniture....

I am sooooooooooooooooo stressed about this.....I just want my house to look nice, elegant......neat....and current......you know what I mean..??????

Yes.....I told you....I am really not doing well today.......geez...maybe I need to to....ummmmmmmmm ....something.....

Any advice...would be helpful......you guys are so much better at this than I am....

Oh yea.....I will have to do this my self....because I dont have 3000 to hire a painter...besides, that would dip into my next Yorkie fund...LOL....

Color advice.........oh yea.....I have hardwood floors and 9 ft ceilings...with white trim.........the house is traditional brick, one level....

I promise, i am not crazy....just a bit overwhelmed.....

Shirley

Last edited by Saleswman; 03-30-2008 at 02:14 PM. Reason: insanity
Saleswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!