View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 08:02 AM   #1
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default I got to meet Trish yesterday in Bakersfield

Saturday we went to the Bakersfield show with Rainbow and Sunshine in tow. I had been wanting to get Rainbow evaluated. A lady in my town named Marge shows silkies and she was going to introduce me to one of the handlers after they were done showing.
The show was wonderful. Lana (AKCYorkies4U) also came and brought 3 of her babies (Gizmo, Tiffany, and Kizzie) as well as her handsome little boy Brac. We had a great time visiting and letting the babies play on the grass.
I got a couple of pictures of Trish showing the two yorkies she brought with her. She won! But I couldn't tell you what she won yet... Best of something (maybe Opposites?) and something else.

Anyway while waiting for the handler that Marge was going to introduce me to, Trish got done with her dogs and after she took out thier bows and crated them, she took little Rainbow to have a look at her. haha She told me she will be brutally honest with me. YIKES! lol..
She checked her structure (shoulders, etc) her stifles, topline, etc. She said she might have one stifle that was a little loose, but not bad, Also wasn't real sure about her topline because Rainbow had never walked on a lead before so she wasn't real cooperative. So we put her on a lead and took her outside to walk. She did great walking AWAY from Trish haha... but she didn't want to come back. LOL. so we just walked her back and forth a bit. She thought she might do okay with some work.
Then Marge got done and introduced me to Pam... I don't know her last name. She also looked Rainbow over. She said her structure was very nice.. nice shoulders, and liked her topline. She loved her face, head, and expression! Said her right stifle was maybe a little loose, but said it wasn't bad and thought she could do well in the ring. So she suggested to get a lead and work with her and see how she does. Also to get a little weight on herr. Her size is good, just needs some meat on her body.
It was so nice to meet Trish and I appreciate her help so much!

So we bought a "gentle lead" at the show and Marge and I will be working with her here in the local park. I am so glad to have met Marge (just 2 days before the show). She has raised and shown silkies for years. She also told me there is a guy here in town who shows skipperkees (sp?) and all of us will get together weekly and work with them. How fun it was and a wonderful opportunity. Hopefully Rainbow will have what it takes to show her. There was a couple of breeders that saw Rainbow as we were outside of the building that came over and talked to us. They loved Rainbow. In fact, there were two really tiny babies that showed in the puppy class that they told me I should have entered Rainbow. They said she would have won hands down. Now I don't know about that, but it was will be fun to see how she does.

Here are some pictures I took. a couple of Trish showing and one of Lana and her babies and son, and me and Sunshine and Rainbow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0978.JPG (103.1 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0979.JPG (99.7 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0980.JPG (79.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0982.JPG (139.9 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Sunnie; 03-30-2008 at 08:05 AM.
Sunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!