View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
Debr
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default been busy so some updates

Life got terribly busy so haven't been posting, I have been reading some. Dixie has been with us for a few months now and she is fantastic. Total of 3 accidents in the house and she is 100pct potty trained. I raised a litter of shep pups from Zoie, I thought I did everything right but I missed something, I see this now that I have Dixie. She is just so happy-you look at her and her tail wags so hard I think it will fall off her butt. My shep pups never wagged like that=( No matter what she is doing she has this grin and wagging tail. She is so smart (shh don't tell my other dogs but I think Dixie is smarter then they are). My routine is tell the dogs time for night night-the sheps & zak run right to the bedroom. Dixie knows I potty before bed she runs into the main bathroom waiting for me to potty. The sheps who have been here for years havent figured out to meet me in the bathroom but Dixie has. After I potty, Dixie runs right into my room and sits in front of her bed waiting to be kissed and tucked in. When I shower, she goes between shoving her nose into the shower door & sitting on toilet. After I shower I turn the spigot on and she comes in to bathe. I leave a towel on toilet lid for her and after she is washed she jumps out of tub onto toilet lid wagging away. I then wrap her towel around her and she rubs her face in it to dry-i find it so cute she doesnt rub herself until I wrap her. She is so smart I am amazed. G Sheps are supposed to be a smart breed but I have to say the 3 sheps here don't come close to Dixie. She shares my lap with cha my cat. Cha hated Dixie for a while, wasn't sure they would ever get along. Now I have cha on 1 leg and Dixie on other. I think the shepherds are as much in love with Dixie as I am. If they have a toy and Dixie wants it they let her have it. After dinner all the dogs go out in the yard to run ,play & potty. They usually play pretty hard. They all come in and I have a pile of dogs zonked out on floow-with Dixie laying on top of the pile of the sheps.

I am so much in love with this little thing I wanted another. I went and asked the folks I got her from if they plan to have more at any time in future. I was saddened to know Dixie's mom was spayed=( they only allow 3 litters per dog then they are spayed. They did keep one of Dixie's sisters and are seeking a suitable male. They said in 18months they may breed Dixie's sister if she fits into the correct size, color & temperament and invited me to their home to see her & what ever male they choose. I would be able to take my pick of litter. I was disappointed that I wont get one from Dixie's mom&dad.

For those who were curious why these people sell from a pet store I asked them. I explained I joined a forum and some comments were made about me buying Dixie from a family run petstore. They said, they used to sell parrots from their home before the pet store was purchased. They denied a sale to a man because he refused to purchase the proper sized cage for a macaw he wanted. I guess the man was very angry and within 4 weeks of denying him tires were slashed on both their vehicles-they got new tires again they were slashed, then ther cars & front of house was spray painted 3 different times. They could not prove he did it and had no legal recourse. They decided at that time not to sell anything at all from their residence and son bought pet store. It gives them more rights to take legal action should someone act out, it protects their home & privacy from harm, and they do have a right to refuse sale if someone becomes upset about it they can call police and have video cameras of any incident which is legally acceptable since it is a business and not a private residence.
Debr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!