View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumn star View Post
Congratulations Izzy.......thats awesome, you have inspired me to look into this! Where did you go for all of this?
There are a number of ways you can go and a couple groups that certify nationally. I think Izzy and Eddie both went through the Delta Society. All they require is that you pass the test Izzy passed above. The tough part is being ready to pass it. Here's the Delta Society Web site.

http://www.deltasociety.org/

To prepare for the test, several obedience schools have classes that train dogs to pass their Canine Good Citizen (CGC) test. Unless you've been through a lot of obedience classes, I'd recommend something like that. The CGC test is similar to the Therapy Dog test, though not quite as difficult.

We skipped CGC class because Eddie had a lot of obedience, but a local hospital offered a two-day seminar to train for the Therapy Dog test. I was glad we did that because it taught us about the Delta Society program too.

Then it was just a matter of finding out when the delta society test is being held in your area. You can try the Web site or one of the obedience schools in your area.

Good luck
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!