View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Mitzis Mom
No Longer a Member

Cry Mitzi needs your help---Kidney problems! (sorry, kinda long)

Our 11 y.o Mitzi girl (one of the M&Ms...) was at the Vet's and the blood work and urine test shows that she has weak kidneys. I have all her test results...

Mitzi has also an infection or tumor under her tongue and needs her teeth cleaned (last time cleaned 3/2007.) She is on anitbiotics now for 2 weeks. She eats good (home cooked lean ground beef with a little oatmeal) and drinks plenty of water, her digestion is good and she doesn't pee more often than usual (about 4 - 5 times a day.) She seems to be less energetic though with about 22 hours of sleep a day and little to no desire to walk or play.

The Vet recommended Hill's k/d diet but she is also allergic to corn starch which is listed as the second ingredient on the label. If she gets ready made dog food with this ingredient she gets 'Schnauzer bumps', itches like crazy and bites the skin off her paws.

Who has experience with kidney problems and what is the best way to feed her... low protein? high quality high protein?

I'm confused by the controversial info I get from the web so I'd like to rely on the immense and condensed knowledge of my fellow Yorkie moms and dads!

Mitzi sends kisses!
Mitzis Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!