View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #13
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

Adobo is a Filipino dish, you can use chicken, pork, pretty much whatever meat you want and it's served with rice. It's VERY good, my favorite meal actually! I never made it, I'm hoping it will turn out good! We just decided to have pork instead of chicken. I rarely cook so I'm nervous as to how it'll turn out. Rudy's Mom..it's just me and my fiance, but I think the recipe serves more (and it has garlic so Rocky and Bella can't have any, LOL) so your more than welcome to come over! LOL

Here's a recipe maybe it'll describe it better.

8 whole chicken legs (about 4 pounds), cut into drumstick and thigh sections
1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 bay leaves
1/2 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed lightly
1 cup water
3/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Chopped scallions, for garnish

Accompaniment: Cooked rice

In a large kettle combine the chicken, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, and 1 cup water, bring the mixture to a boil, and simmer it, covered, for 20 minutes. Add the soy sauce and simmer the mixture, covered, for 20 minutes. Transfer the chicken with tongs to a plate and boil the liquid for 10 minutes, or until it is reduced to about 1 cup. Let the sauce cool, remove the bay leaves, and skim the fat from the surface.

In a large skillet heat the oil over high heat until it is hot but not smoking and in it saute the chicken, patted dry, in batches, turning it, for 5 minutes, or until it is browned well. Transfer the chicken to a rimmed platter, pour the sauce, heated, over it, and serve the chicken with the rice.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!