View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #1
wd6474
YT Addict

Default getting use to crate

i've had lucky a little over 2 months now and i gotta tell you he's a handful. the potty trainig thing has been going really well since the 2nd week of having him. currently im trying to get him use to his crate he was shipped to me in. i notice the other day someone posted about their yorkie destroying toilet paper, so that gave me an idea . a long time ago i was a victim of idenity theft, so now i never throw away my mail ( i shreed it). so last night i put a bunch of shreeded paper inside his crate and 2 treats. he must have played in there for over and hour. he wouldn't let me lock him in though, but thats ok it was his first try. tomorrow ill take out a little more paper and so on til its all out and he will still go in there. ????? is the paper going to hurt him ? i cant tell if hes shreeding it or eating it or both. i dont want him to choke on it. i keep the crate next to me. im not trying to pottytrain using the crate( i work full time and also commute about 2 hours a day, so i couldn't leave him in there for 10 hours. i just want him to sleep in it so he can sleep in my room at night. im afraid to let him sleep in my room in his real bed because i think he will wonder at night and pee or crap on the floor. any sugg out there?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!