View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Default 1st encounter with a PITT Bull at my new apt

Everything is fine but man ....I was walking the girls yesterday and always keep an eagle eye out for loose dogs - most people here are very good about leashes but the other day - a BIG BLACK Pitt Bull spotted us at the same time I spotted her (her name was Alley) she had NO LEASH ON.

She flew across the street to get at Chanel and Cheri and did NOT have a happy "I want to play' face.....She had that 'I'm gonna get you face' on.

I scooped the girls up FAST and held them high up and tight across my chest and just turned my back to the charging dog (who's 'person' was running far behind yelling her name) and not making much progress.

by the time the lady caught up with the pitt - she'd been jumping me trying to get to the girls - I just stood perfectly still and kept turning so my back was to her ....but MAN - I was just WAITING for that BITE outta my butt or arm - but ...thank God - she didn't but - she sure was trying to knock me down

.....and yes I RATTED that woman out to the apartments. I don't know if she was a resident or visitor - but NO big dog should be running around unleashed.

My neighbors next door have the sweetest pitt. (2 guys and very hot lol) ! His name is 'Snake' I was terrified at first but I've now been around him enough to see he is very non agressive and a big sweetie..... I still don't really let the girls around him - especially since Chanel barked RIGHT IN HIS FACE and scared him. We have 'distance' meets - but thats all. When I hang out with the guys - I put the girls in the apartment - but he's a very nice well mannered pitt.

That lady with the black pitt should have been fined for letting her dog run free -- and IF I had the chance - a smack upside her head for letting her dog go leash-less - if I hadn't seen it coming I could easily have a tragedy and I would NOT recover from something like that.

Anyway - I just wanted to share it - what could have been really bad turned out ok - I think it was me standing perfectly still and not moving that saved the girls. If I'd have reacted or acted scared - I really thinlk 'Alley' would have started biting....I didn't actually feel scared till I got back to the apartment.....then I was pissed - because of that - the girls had NO walk that night.
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!