View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #8
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

I have looked at her wonderful site a few times. However, her wording is her opinion in addition to the Yorkshire Terrier Standard. I disagree that the recessive gene shows up only for "back yard breeders". There isn't much info out there in cyber space on this....mostly you'll end up at goldenrays. We somehow tend to think of recessive gene only showing its face in the coloring of a dog....however, remember that the Yorkies used to be around 22 pounds and some pretty big ones are still popping up. Don't get me wrong, I am typing this in a very nice way and hope not to come across as wanting to "start" something. Golden, chocolate, or parti colored Yorkie are not "rare" Yorkies. They are just more of a "rare occurrence".

Being the owner (or should I say being "owned by" being that they tend to run MY life LOL), 2 standards, a chocolate and a golden, I can say that there is no additional health issues with a color anomaly Yorkie as there is with the blue born. That is the only color I would be devestated to see show up in a litter being as I have never (thank God) lost a puppy.

Last edited by Julz; 03-27-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!