View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
coroth
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Half yorkie/half horse

Lexie literally has HORSE HAIR! I've ridden many horses in my time (all 18 years ) and Lexie's hair feels exactly that dry and rough...if not, ROUGHER! It's terrible!! Beau's hair is sooooooo smooth and silky, I like to rub my face in it while we cuddle late at night. I wouldn't rub Lexie's hair on the face of my worst enemy!! She eats food with fish in it, she gets a fatty acid supplement every other day, and she gets a homecooked breakfast!

Her hair is thick, it isn't like she's sickly looking or anything. Its just WEIRD! I have all of these GREAT moisturizing conditioners and spray in conditioners...and she isn't any better than the last time! She also matts like she's never seen a brush! In fact, the groomer put a little note on my report card she makes out for the dogs after they get groomed and she said I need to start brushing her more... Then she crossed it out and said "Nevermind, I just now am starting to realize its her hair not you! Ha ha!" I WOULD have blamed it on her getting a bath once a day when she was younger (had a pooping issue...a whole different story) but she has since been fixed of that issue for probably a month now. (It's been wonderful by the way, not having to bathe her everyday)

The groomer said she has never seen anything like it...and she grooms all of the yorkies in our area.

Any ideas on how to make her hair go from steel-wool's cousin to silky smooth?

I use an oatmeal shampoo for Beau's sensitive skin...is there a better shampoo for her hair?
coroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!