View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Sunnie
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

If she is used to being with you, you may have to stay right there with her to make sure she stays in with them. Sunshine was like that, so what I did was put her crate (which was her whelping box) inside of a closed expen. I wrapped a blanket around all 4 sides of the expen and held it in place with clothespins at the top. It helped so she couldn't see all of the distractions. I kept the door to her crate opened so she could come out into the expen to eat and potty on a pad. There were times when I had to close the door to her crate to make sure she stayed in there with them. She didn't like it at first, but she would settle down with them after a few minutes. Then when the babies were done eating and were sleeping, I would open the door so she could come out. I would cover the babies lightly with a baby recieving blanket to keep them warm while she was out of the box. I found if I didn't cover them they would wake up and cry because mom wasn'tr in there keeping them warm. You have to watch them closer then so they don't tangle in the blankets. Your's are only a week or so old aren't they? You may have to do this for a bit until they get a little bigger.
Hope I helped you some. Good luck
Sonya
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!