View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:44 AM   #39
Erin
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvy View Post
Thank you so much for the quick reply. I just read about Sammy. It sounds as if she is doing really well. I loved the pictures of her bandages. To see what to expect bandage wise is a big help.
One of my questions is at what point did you know it was time for the surgery? I was thrilled to hear you got to bring her home the first night. Even if we do not rest we know they are in our arms and feel much more comfortable. How long did the surgery take? And what is expected when it comes to recovery time?
I will look forward to hearing how Sammy continues to do. Thanks again for the reply and pictures. Missie
Her surgery was March 20th. They were going to keep her overnight because they usually do, but they had less surgeries that day and they got her done early so she got to come home. The first few days/nights were rough because the pain meds were not really working and then she got the UTI. Last night though, she slept through the night so a week later that's awesome! She will have bandages on for 2 weeks with limited activity (obviously) no running (which amazingly she had tried to do multiple times and I have to remind her, that's why she has to be watched!) no stairs (she's tried) no jumping (she's tried!). So as she becomes more active like yesterday she is going to be spending a lot of time in her crate or in the bedroom with the door closed. I put her on the floor if I'm not sitting ON the bed/couch with her, but now that she can walk that's only so helpful. After the bandages come OFF she has the same restrictions for 4-6 more weeks. THAT is the hard part!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!