Thread: Registration
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

This is one of my pet peeves; hardly anyone on the forum registers their pups. I don't think they understand the importance of it and since, I'm still a novice; I don't feel qualified telling them how important it is. They believe if you're not going to breed or show there is no reason to register. They also have been given this information by their breeders and often told it costs hundreds to do so. I think it costs less than $30.00 to register Joey and they keep his microchip number on record for that fee. It's even less if you don't want that feature.

It seems to me registering pups helps keep the breeders honest. Lots of people claim their dogs are AKC eligible that aren't, and this isn't found out until someone tries to register the pups. Also, they can crack down on people who are claiming their pups only have X amount of liters a year. I also think the AKC does fine work, and wish to support it through registering my dog. These are just personal reasons, and I have yet to read that anyone agrees with me or add to this list.

So please tell us why is it important to register our dogs.

Join today and remove this ad!