View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM   #6
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

wanted to get the question out there asap. Here's a little history.

Visited my brother this weekend. They do have a cat, very slight possibility Bubba got in the cat box. But that had happened several yrs ago at my house before I started gating off the cat area.

Bubba is 6 eats Innova and veggies & fruits, occassional piece of chicken. Saturday night at my brother's he was given a piece of cooked chicken breast, but it had some Italian seasonings on it. Sunday we had ribs, my brother said he did not give him any pork - that's been scaring me to death that he had. But they do have a nearly 2 1/2 yr old who could have dropped a piece on the floor - but I didn't see that happen. (The tech at my vet's office says it's a total myth that pork is dangerous to dogs & will not even consider the connection.)

On Sunday, during the day, we left the dogs at my brother's in Atlanta where they did not have access to the cat box & when I came back there was a couple loose stools. Not sure who they were from - but very unusual.

Later Sunday, I drove in the car about 3 1/2 hrs - Bubba has always done fine in the car, about halfway thru the trip, he & Roxy were trying to be in the same space & she was kind of laying on him. Later he started panting, I thought he was hot cuz they were on top of ea. other.
Then Bubba moved & shortly after that he threw up - it was white kind of cottage cheesish. It had been probably 9-10 hrs since he had eaten.

Monday morning I was still traveling, so he was on leash & he had this globby poo that looked mucusy with what looked like a bit of blood. I was concerned, but also I was in Nashville & was preparing to drive 10-11 hrs home. He seemed fine after that, but I was worried. Then as I was driving down the Interstate about 8 hrs after he had last eaten, he threw up & the food did not look digested at all. He ate it up, before I get pulled off the road.

He seemed fine, yesterday I went to work & came home, no signs of anything wrong. Bubba even begged for some yorkie yummies. Then about 10:30 last night he kept asking to run outside ever 1/2 hr. It was too dark in the yard for me to see anything. When I got up this morning he had a loose stool, that looks a bit red in places.

On top of this, I'm sick. I am at the doctor's office right now as I write this.

Last edited by yorkiesmiles; 03-26-2008 at 09:31 AM.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!