View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

There are stricter rules for dogs that have over so many litters a year and even for stud dogs. Many dog breeders discourage you signing up for the American Kennel Club (AKC) "paper are papers" because they will have to account for the linage of these dogs. Some breeders switch and bait costumers saying they have AKC dogs, but sell them ACA, which basically has no standards.

I think it's important to support the AKC and it's parent company the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America YTCA because while they both have flaws they are still the best thing we have going for insisting on health screening (YTCA) and notifying consumers whether this has been done (AKC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2luckygirl View Post
a lot of dogs are registerd both! from what I seen advertised!
But I have a question- if you by an AKC- limited registration- pups from that can still be registerd- ACA- but not AKC- right?? Or wrong?? Limited just means any pups cannot be registered w/ AKC! I am sure most are hoping they will not breed- but really to insure that you need a certain contract(Spay??)?? or have them fixed before sale??

These are questions- not statements!!! Just trying to learn - there are so many things to learn!
The only important registry is the AKC and it's not important unless you take on the time to fill out the paperwork. This is the only way the AKC can crack down on unethical breeders. Breeders, who are advertising both are sending a huge red flag, stay away from them.

Limited registration pups can still be registered with the AKC. Many great breeders sell their dogs with a limited registration meaning you can register these dogs with the AKC, but you are not allowed to register any puppies you produce from them. They thought this was protecting the breed, but unethical breeders got around this by just registering the puppies with the ACA.

Join today and remove this ad!