View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #14
yorkiegold
BANNED!

We've been feeding raw for almost three years now. My Yorkies start chewing on raw chicken wings at about 4 weeks of age and by about 4 months they eat them bones and all. We include raw eggs in the basic mix as well as cottage cheese or yogurt, ground meat and vegetables, etc. They eat baby carrots instead of milk bones. We had problems with a broken tooth feeding turkey necks (they have bones with funny configurations)and I don't give them knuckle bones either.

Our raw food diet is based on Dr. Ian Billinghurst's book "Give Your Dog a Bone" and is carefully planned to be balanced.

As I'm sure you've already sensed, this is a highly controversial topic and I don't recommend it for anyone who's nervous about it. Modern dogs live long and healthy lives on commercial dog food. We personally believe, however, and have witnessed a superior result feeding raw, whole human grade food. No allergies, itching, better teeth, etc.

I suggest a lot of research. It is a lot of work and expensive. If your pup is doing well on kibble, you might do well to stick with it, but if you experience health problems, it can be worth the effort.

CJ
yorkiegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!