View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 05:49 AM   #2
Gracie07
Yorkie Yakker

Default housebreaking

Our one year old Yorkie isn't catching on to going outside to poop. She was doing really well until the weather turned cold last winter and that is when the trouble started. She will pee outside but will not poop outside. No matter how long we have her outside, she will wait until she gets back indoors to poop. We don't know if we should try to paper train her and be done with it or what. She likes to go outside to run and play but just doesn't want to poop outside. When she does poop outside we make a BIG deal about it and give her a treat and she is so proud of herself but then she goes right back to pooping in the house. We have bells on the back door for her to ring when she needs out but she has only used them a couple of times. I have never had a problem in housebreaking a dog before....they were always broke within a few months. I had heard that Yorkies are hard to housebreak but I didn't believe it because I have housebroke poodles, shih tzu and our golden retriever without any problems, didn't think a Yorkie would be any different. We love our Gracie but just wish she would catch on to pooping outside...any suggestion????
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!