View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 04:35 PM   #8
Deegan's mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Dog

Yes, I do mean that everytime we have gone there is another doctor. The second time I was a little confused because I guess that they are brothers and two of them look alot alike. So I went home to compare reciepts with their names on it. Yes, two different names. Then the third time, was another guy again. So I mentioned something to the receptionist.

But to tell you the truth, the first one didn't seem bad. He answered all of my questions, and seemed to give good advice. I didn't ask anything about hypoglycemia though, because at that time I didn't know much about it.

The second and third time (both different doctors), when I did happen to bring up hypoglycemia the second doctor pretty much blew it off and said "if he seems fine, he doesn't need and nutri-cal, and that there's no need to give it to him".
When I saw the third doctor a week after Deegan had his hypogycemia episode, I told him about it and he pretty much blew it off like "yes, you did the right thing by giving him sugar, but you don't need to give him and nutri-cal. Only if he has another episode."

I was a little upset at this because here I am trying to prevent another episode and they think nothing of it. And tell me to wait and see if it happens again. I don't want to wait to see if it happens again... I want to prevent it!

As for the the pre-surgical anesthesia test for $40 extra, I would pay that in a heart beat for it to prevent something terrible. It just seems like they charge more than any other vets office, and they aren't consistent with the doctors and they don't seem to give a care when I am really concerned about something. I don't mind paying extra for anything as long as it's quality. But I don't think that I am getting quality with this vet.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!