Thread: Need some info.
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
maggiesmom_2007
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Need some info.

Okay the only reason I am asking is because I have never experienced this before. A friend of mine has a female that went into heat for approximately one week then resumed heat about 2 months later. She was in standing heat mated with the male and tied once that she is sure of. She took her female to the vet for palpitation because she wan't absolutely sure the bitch was pregnant. Vet felt and confirmed uterine swelling and felt what she described asa little bigger than pea sized. The vet then scheduled an xray for the bitch at 43 days. I wasn't asked about this until after the xray was done or I would have advised her to wait. Anyway the xray showed nothing but dark spots which were the stool and she said there were some very faint white areas towards the ribcage area. Anyway after I talked to her I advised her to just wait and keep an eye on the female because the xray was done too early and it is possible she is actually pregnant. I stopped by to see her yesterday and the female has gained some weight but has a very small amount of her tuckup still but has exhibited all the signs of pregnancy. I felt very faint movement when I had my hand on her belly. So after all this info here is my question. Could she be pregnant with just one pup and if so how can you tell.
Any and all help and advice would be really helpful as the bitch would be due the first week of April.
maggiesmom_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!