View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #83
Brooklynn
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I did show St. Bernards and we did finish one champion, all owner handled, it took 19 bitches for a major back then. I know even with the St. Bernards some people would use white chalk to cover the black freckles that were considered undesirable. It is one thing using white chalk to brighten the white but using a enhancer or dye to completely change the color is not right whether everybody does it or not. If everyone thought it was okay to do that to Yorkies then why have a color requirements in the standard and why does the YTCA have it in the code of ethics that it is wrong to do? My goal will be to breed Yorkies with the correct color and if they cannot win on their own true merits then so be it. I just could not get any satisfaction knowing that I won by cheating. JMHO
Good for you
But sorry to say yorkies aren't the only ones winning that way...maltese, bichons are bleached, poodles have extentions, shih tzus have eyeliners on their heads and the list goes on....I just wish the yorkie exhibitors just weren't chastised so badly when it's done in so many other breeds....that's the sad part...I just wish health and soundness were of more concern than enhancements JMHO

Donna
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!