View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #8
Nikeann07
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 019 Here is an update on Holly

Hi Karen

I thought you might like to know that Holly was given a prescription can and dry dog food without fat in it. He insisted on it. He wants Holly to gain some ounces back and wants to see her in 7 days. He warned me that she came within hours of dying a few days ago. And things could change for the bad if I don't watch her eating habits and she gains water weight in her chest that will stop her heart.

The Vet took her off of the pills 2x's daily...to just once a day. It is important, he said, that she eats nothing other than this recommended food. If she fairs well on it he will then add some snacks. His goal now is to get her to just the pills once a day every other day. He says it will be easy to get her to like this new change in diet because she is sooo hungry she will eat anything at this point. He also gave me a cup to measure her food and feed her 6 times a day...very small amounts to get her system to process it easier.

Her stool sample I gave him was solid waste which he was happy to see...but, this morning I noticed she was straining to poop. The stool was very dry and hard.

Also she is not liking the new no fat stuff to eat and holding out for something else.....I am suppose to call the Vet if this was to happen...which I will do now. I am hand feeding her now...but is unhappy about it.

I have two other dogs. So I have to put her in a room to herself when I offer her food for the day. I will search the house today for dropped kibble from the other Yorkies.

Hope you and JAJA have a great day.

Nikeann
Nikeann07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!