View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
hha
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Great post, please listen to this post.

According to the Yorkshire Terrier Club of America, which is part of the AKC, a member must abide by these rules of conduct.

8) All puppies leaving the breeders possession will be a minimum of twelve (12) weeks of age to facilitate adequate socialization as well as appropriate emotional and temperament development through interaction with siblings, dam and other dogs.

It doesn't matter how much anecdotal evidence you receive; studies have proven it should be a minimum of 12 weeks for the Yorkshire terrier.

Any breeder that breaks one of the rules is probably breaking others as well. To me this is a huge red flag, and no reputable breeder will do it. I cannot understand why people who purportedly love this breed will buy from unethical breeders.

I realize many people on YT bought their puppies before they were aware of the qualities to look for in an ethical breeder, but one of the main purposes of YT should be to help better the breed. Please report her to the AKC, unless we all take responsibility for reporting bad breeding, it will continue. For further information see:
http://ytca.org/frame_index2.html
report her for what???? This is the age they like them to go..down here, they can go at 6 weeks...
hha is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!